Hello guys, today I would like to share with you this best chicken pineapple curry recipe from scratch that you’d want to keep forever! This recipe was inspired by a Thai cooking class that I took few years ago in Chiang Rai, a small town located in the northern part of Thailand.
This recipe is delicious, very easy and only takes 15 minutes to make. I made this recipe tons of times. Sometimes I use heavy cream instead of coconut milk and leave out fresh ginger. I also add thinly sliced carrots or bell peppers just for the crunchiness and color. My family and friends cannot get enough of this curry. Every time I make it, I always receive rave reviews.
Last Saturday for instance I made chicken pineapple curry. So I decided to take some to my neighbor Barbara (you might remember her from stuffed chicken roulade, pizza rolls and spareribs). Because I’ve made enough curry to satisfy four super hungry grown ups and my husband was not around. Barbara wanted to leave some curry for her partner, who was not home at the moment, but she and her one year old daughter got carried away and finished up everything. So I had to bring another plate for her partner.
Guys I guarantee you that once you try this recipe you’ll always want to make your own curry from scratch. You can serve this curry with rice of your choice. I always serve it with basmati rice.
So if you’re looking for a busy-day dinner to get you rave reviews, then you should definitely give this cheap and delicious recipe a try.
Chicken pineapple curry
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
– 400 g chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
– 3 spring onions
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1,5 tablespoons honey
– 4 teaspoons curry powder
– 2 teaspoons chicken stock, powder
– 1 tablespoon sunflower oil/ sesame oil/ coconut oil
– 150 ml coconut milk
– 150 ml cream cheese
– 40 g fresh ginger
– 340 g canned pineapple chunks
– approx 220 ml pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple chunks)
– salt, pepper and chili powder
You’ll also need:
– a skillet/ wok
– a wooden spoon
– a knife
– a cutting board
Chicken pineapple curry stew step-by-step-instructions
1. Peel and finely chop garlic cloves and fresh ginger. Next rinse the spring onions, pat dry with paper towels and cut into small pieces.
2. Rinse the chicken, dry it with paper towels and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet/wok at medium-high heat and fry the meat on both sides. Add honey, ginger, onions and garlic. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
Note: If you like, you can marinate chicken breast overnight with the above stated ingredients, except chicken stock, salt and pineapple chunks + juice.
4. Add the pineapple chunks, followed by curry powder and stir well.
Next stir in coconut milk and cream cheese. Whisk continuously, until very smooth.
5. Add pineapple juice and chicken stock.
Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Keep stirring in between. Season with salt, pepper and chili.
Note: If you like a thicker sauce try making a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon flour with 1 tablespoon water, mix well and then stir it into the sauce.
Garnish with fresh chives or spring onions if desired and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see!. Snap a pic and share it on Ester kocht Facebook Page or @ester.kocht on Instagram.