Eat good, feel good…
Hi! I’m Ester, dubbed Pewa by my siblings, short for Ndapewoshali my 2nd name. Thank you for stopping by! I was born and bred in Namibia, but now residing in Germany with my husband and two daughters (6 months and 3 years old).
I am a geologist by profession, but cooking has always been my first love. Hence the reason for this blog; to share my passion for bringing recipes from around the globe to life and culinary travel.
Here you’ll find easy to follow and no – fail family recipes, travel inspired recipes and recipes from friends.
Expect to come across my experiences on traveling and DIY.
Please join me for some mouthwatering moments.
HERE ARE SOME FACTS ABOUT ME…
- In 2018 I took part in the German version of come dine with me ,,das Perfekte Dinner” and in 2019 in the parenting tv show entitled ,,Mein Kind Dein Kind”.
- I represented my country, Namibia at 2 international beauty contests: Miss Supranational and Miss Princess of the World .
- On my free time I sing in a choir, give cooking classes at local adult education center, do zumba or go for a run. I also took part in couple of half marathons.
- I evaluate my spending, no I am not stingy, I simply believe in financial accountability. I won’t leave the grocery store unless my invoice is correct. In addition, my husband and I, assess our invoices for the month to see how we are handling our resources. Some of my siblings have now adopted this method. You know how the verse goes ” Iron sharpens iron “.
- I only go out to eat when the food is really good.
- Yes I am a foodie, so much so that I travel for food.
- I enjoy cooking for my family, friends and neighbors.
- Although I am a geologist by profession, I enjoy cooking more.
And by the way, Ester kocht, simply means Ester cooks, in German.