Hello guys, I’d like to show you how to make chilli con carne in just 30 minutes including preparation time.
Recently after my zumba classes, I passed by one of my favorite butchers to buy minced meat. When I returned home, I decided to make chilli con carne, because (1) I had everything I needed to make it, (2) it was a cold snowy day and (3) it has been ages since I last ate it. So it was about time I prepare this quick and simple dish to warm me and my family up.
So if you’re looking for a dish for your next party or simply want to whip up chili in no time, then you have to try this inexpensive and simple chilli recipe, which is mainly using canned ingredients.
Don’t forget to check out deep fried Camembert cheese recipe.
Chilli Con carne step by step photo recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
500 g mixed minced meat (50% pork & 50% beef)
2 garlic cloves
1 medium sized onion
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cans (500 g) of kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 can (300 g) of corn, undrained
2 x cans (800 g) of tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
ca. 400 ml of water
olive oil for frying
1 teaspoon of sugar
Heat the oil in a pot at medium-high. Add minced meat and fry until brown. While the meat is in the pot, finely cut the onion and garlic and add to the pot and stir.
After 2 minutes, add tomato paste
followed by the remaining ingredients, except the beans and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
After, add the drained kidney beans. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve immediately. I served it with homemade bread. However, you can also serve it with basmati rice.
Chilli con carne 30 min
- 500 g/ 17,6 oz mixed minced meat (half pork & half beef)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 g/ 17,6 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 g/ 10,5 oz canned sweet corns, undrained
- 800 g/ 28 oz canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 400 ml/ 1,7 cups water
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- olive oil to brown the meat
- Heat the oil in a pot at medium-high. Add minced meat and fry until brown. While the meat is in the pot, finely cut the onion and garlic and add to the pot and stir.
- After 2 minutes, add tomato paste and mix well. Then add the remaining ingredients, except the beans and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the drained kidney beans and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve immediately. I served it with baguette, but you can also serve it with basmati rice.