This wild garlic dip is creamy and incredibly tasty. Made with just 3 ingredients: Fresh wild garlic leaves, feta cheese and sour cream in less than 10 minutes. Such a great way to utilize wild garlic when in season.
Last week I foraged more than 2 kg (about 4 ½ pounds) wild garlic from our local park and made lots of wild garlic featured dishes including this wild garlic spread. It’s simple, so tasty, uses only 3 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Making this recipe is very important that you use good quality Greek feta cheese made from sheep’s milk for great results. This recipe also works well with baby spinach, chives, fresh basil or spring onions. Just be sure to add 2 to 3 garlic cloves for the garlic flavor.
Just like tzatziki, wild garlic dip tastes much better once it has rested for some time before consuming. In this way wild garlic unfolds itself.
Ingredients used in making creamy wild garlic dip
- 200 g (7 oz) good quality Feta
- 200 g (7 oz) sour cream
- 50 g (about 2 oz) fresh wild garlic leaves
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
You’ll also need
- 1 bowl, a fork, cutting board & knife
- paper towels
How to make creamy wild garlic feta dip
Begin by washing wild garlic. To clean wild garlic, simply put it in a sink and rinse the wild garlic leaves thoroughly under cold running water to remove the dirt.
Shake the leaves to remove excess water. Then place wild garlic in a large colander to drain.
Next finely chop wild garlic leaves and set aside. Cutting wild garlic into small pieces is very important. In this way wild garlic unfold itself.
Put feta in a bowl and break it up into smaller pieces with a fork.
Stir in sour cream and mix until well combined.
Fold in finely chopped wild garlic. Taste the dip and season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Let your spread rest for at least 1 hour and serve.
Let the wild spread rest for at least 1 hour before serving. You can keep the dip in the fridge for up to 4 days.
What to serve with creamy wild garlic feta dip
- with grilled meat
- spread on a slice of homemade bread
- with baked potatoes, fried potatoes
- raw vegetables, crackers or just like that.
Creamy Wild Garlic Dip
- 200 g (7 oz) feta cheese good quality
- 200 g (7 oz) sour cream
- 50 g (about 2 oz) fresh wild garlic
- salt and pepper to taste OPTIONAL
- Wash the wild garlic under running tap water, shake off excess water and place it in a large colander to drain.
- Next, finely chop wild garlic leaves. Then put feta in a bowl and break it up into smaller pieces with a fork. Stir in sour cream and mix until well combined. Now fold in finely chopped wild garlic. Taste the dip and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, if necessary. Let your spread rest for at least 1 hour and serve.
- You can keep the dip in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Did you make this wild garlic dip recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Simply write a review and add rating to it.