This mixed berries and mascarpone cream recipe is one of my favorite desserts to feed the crowd just like panna cotta and berries! It’s easy, quick and delicious and you can make it up to two days ahead. Definitely a keeper!
This recipe was inspired by a mascarpone dessert we had at a café in Trevignano Romano a couple of years ago. Trevignano Romano is a small town located about 50 km north of Rome, Italy.
I’ve made mixed berries and mascarpone dessert last week, because our friends Manfred and Tanja came over for dinner. My menu was a combination of Namibian and Italian food.
Since Manfred and Tanja will be going to Namibia in few weeks and nd my family and I will be going to Italy in a few days. My family and guests loved it. It was a quick and easy dessert that got rave reviews.
This recipe is similar to fresh strawberry cake cheese frosting. I normally play around with this recipe. Sometimes I use cream cheese, sour cream or even quark instead of heavy cream. I also use fresh or frozen berries, depending on the season.
Mixed berries & mascarpone cream Recipe
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: at least 3 hour
What you’ll need
– 250 g (about 9 oz) mascarpone cheese
– 150 g ( 5 oz) plain yogurt
– 60 g (2,1 oz/ 1/3 cup) sugar
– ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 200 ml (about 3/4 cup) heavy cream, well chilled + 1 tbs icing sugar
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 450 g (16 oz) frozen mixed berries
How to make mixed berries and mascarpone dessert
Pour well chilled heavy cream into a bowl and lightly whip it. Add icing sugar and whip the cream until until soft peaks form.
In the second bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, plain yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Using a spoon or a hand mixer beat the cream until smooth.
Gently add whipped cream into mascarpone cheese mixture!
Divide the cream mixture and berries among 6 glasses. Start with mascarpone cream and end with mixed berries. Repeat the layers until all the cream and berries are used up.
Sprinkle grated white or dark chocolate over the mixed berries. Chill for at least 3 hours. You can also make this dessert overnight.
Love this mixed berried and mascarpone cream dessert recipe? Try my panna cotta, mango dessert recipe no bake and no bake raspberry cheesecake cups recipes, too.
Mixed berries and mascarpone cream dessert
- 6 individual glasses
- 2 bowls
- hand mixer
- 250 g (9 oz/ about 1 cup ) mascarpone cheese
- 150 g (5 oz/ 2/3 cup) plain yogurt
- 60 g (2.1 oz/ 1/3 cup) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (NOTE 2)
- 200 ml (¾ cup + 1 tablespoon) heavy cream, well chilled or sour cream or cream cheese (NOTE 1)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 450 g (16 oz) mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Pour well chilled heavy cream into a bowl and lightly whip it. Add icing sugar and whip the cream until until soft peaks form.
- In the second bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, plain yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Using a spoon or a hand mixer beat the cream until smooth. Then gently fold in whipped cream.
- Divide the cream mixture and berries among 6 glasses. Start with mascarpone cream and end with mixed berries. Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the cream and berries).
- Sprinkle grated white or dark chocolate over the mixed berries. Chill for at least 3 hours. You can also make this dessert overnight.
- Instead of heavy cream, you could also use sour cream, cream cheese or quark. If you're using sour cream or cream cheese, just skip step 1 and 3 and combine all the ingredients except the mixed berries at once.
- If you're using vanilla sugar, just use 50 g (1.8 oz) sugar instead of 60 g (2 oz).
Did you make this berry cream dessert recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Simply write a comment and add rating to it.
Sunday 21st of October 2018
Looks a great dessert! Like the contrast of fresh berries and something creamy..
Wednesday 5th of September 2018
Sieht so lecker aus, werde ich definitiv ausprobieren 😘😘😘
Thursday 27th of September 2018
Hallo Yvonne, das freut mich, dass das Rezept dir gefällt. Viel Spaß beim Nachmachen! :-*