This light, refreshing, and absolutely delicious mixed berries and mascarpone cream is one of my favorite dessert recipes just like panna cotta and berries, because it never disappoints me! This recipe is delicious, easy and consists of only few steps. It’s definitely a keeper!
This recipe was inspired by a mascarpone dessert we had at a café in Trevignano Romano a couple of years ago. Trevignano Romano is a small town located about 50 km north of Rome, Italy.
I’ve made mixed berries and mascarpone dessert last week, because our friends Manfred and Tanja came over for dinner. My menu was a combination of Namibian and Italian food. Because Manfred and Tanja will be going to Namibia in few weeks. And my family and I will be going to Italy in few days. My family and guests loved it. It was a quick and easy dessert that got rave reviews.
This recipe is similar to fresh strawberry cake cheese frosting. I normally play around with this recipe. Sometimes I use cream cheese or sour cream instead of heavy cream. I also use fresh or frozen berries, depending on the season.
Don’t forget to check out this chocolate tart recipe.
So guys let’s get started and get ready for the perfect yumminess!
Mixed Berries & Mascarpone Cream Recipe
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: at least 3 hour
– 250 g (about 9 oz) mascarpone cheese
– 150 g ( 5 oz) plain yogurt
– 60 g (2 oz) sugar
– ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract/ 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
– 200 ml (about 3/4 cup) heavy cream, well chilled / 200 g (7 oz) sour cream/ cream cheese
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 450 g (16 oz) frozen mixed berries
Note: If you’re using vanilla sugar, just use 50 g (1.8 oz) sugar instead of 60 g (2 oz).
You’ll also need:
– at least 6 drinking glasses or a casserole glass form
– 2 bowls
– a hand mixer and 1 pack (8 – 10 g (0-3 oz)) whip cream stabilizer (whip it or sahnesteif) (if you’re using heavy cream)
– 2 tablespoons grated white chocolate to garnish (optional)
Mixed berries and mascarpone cream recipe step-by-step-instructions
1. Make whipped cream: First of all, pour well chilled heavy cream into a bowl and lightly whip it. Add whip it or sahnesteif and whip the cream until until soft peaks form.
2. Make the mascarpone cream: In the second bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, plain yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Using a spoon or a hand mixer beat the cream until smooth.
Note: If you’re using sour cream instead of heavy cream, just skip step 1 and 3 and combine all the ingredients except the mixed berries at once.
3. Stir in whipped cream: Gently add whipped cream into mascarpone cheese mixture!
4. Divide the cream and mixed berries: Divide the cream mixture and berries among 6 glasses. Start with mascarpone cream and end with mixed berries. Repeat the layers until all the cream and berries are used up.
5. Garnish and chill: Sprinkle grated white chocolate over the mixed berries. Chill for at least 3 hours. You can also make this dessert overnight.