Aioli is a Spanish dip, which simply means garlic and oil. The classic aioli is made with olive oil and garlic. But nowadays some use eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, you name it.
My aioli recipe is ready in 5 minutes and uses just 3 ingredients that everyone has at home: sunflower oil, milk and garlic. I prefer sunflower oil over olive oil. Because I find the cream bitter when I use olive oil. But that is just a matter of taste. You can use any kind oil that you prefer.
In order to make this recipe you must have a hand blender. I’m certain that the food processor or a hand mixer would also work. I’ve never used it though to make aioli.
It’s also very important that the milk and oil have the same temperature. I always take the milk out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before I make this recipe.
This dip can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days. I prefer making it and consuming it at the same time.
What you will need to make aioli without eggs
- 100 ml/ 3.4 fl.oz/ 1/3 cup + 1 ½ tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
- 250 ml (8.5 fl.oz/ 1 cup) sunflower oil, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make aioli recipe without eggs
Peel and mince garlic.
Combine all the ingredients in a jar.
Slowly move the hand blender up and down while blending. This takes less than 2 minutes to form a nicely fluffy and thick sauce.
Remove the hand blender.
Season aioli with salt and pepper. Using a spoon, transfer it to a bowl. Cover with a cling firm and chill if you’re not using it immediately.
Aioli Recipe Without Eggs
- Hand blender
- 100 ml/ 3.4 fl.oz/ 1/3 cup + 1 ½ tablespoons whole milk room temperature
- 250 ml/ 8.5 fl.oz/ 1 cup sunflower oil room temperature
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the garlic clove and chop it into smaller pieces. Then combine oil, milk and garlic in a jar. Put the hand blender in the jar and then switch it on. Slowly move it up and down. (see NOTE 1) This takes less than 2 minutes to form a nicely fluffy and thick cream. Remove the hand blender. Season with salt and pepper. Using a spoon, transfer it to a bowl. Cover with a cling film and chill if you're not using it immediately. Just be prepared for the garlic smell in your fridge.
- Wait for 5 seconds, before you start moving the hand blender up and down. Otherwise oil and milk will not mix!
Did you make this egg free aioli recipe? I’d love to hear from you! Simply write a comment and add rating to it.