The best cheesecake ever recipe
This cheesecake recipe is sooo easy to make, it's mouthwatering, even after 3 days and always turns out to be perfect, with tears on it.
Servings: 12 servings
For the cake base
- 200 g (7.1 oz/1 2/3 cups) cake flour
- 65 g (2.3 oz/ 1/4 cup) butter
- 75 g (2.6 oz/ ¼ cup+ 2 tablespoons) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 500 g (17.6 oz/ 2 cups + 2 tbs) quark / cottage cheese, room temperature
- 200 g (7 oz/ 1 cup -2 tbs) Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 200 g (7 oz/ 1 cup - 2 tbs) sour cream, room temperature
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 g (5.3 oz/ ½ cup + 2 tablespoons) melted butter
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz/ ½ cup) milk, room temperature
- 37 g (1.3 oz/ ¼ cup) vanilla pudding powder
- 150 g (5.3 oz/ ⅔ cup) sugar
For the topping
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
Make the base
Start off by lining the cake tin with a parchment paper at the bottom and grease the sides with butter. In a bowl combine the egg, sugar, butter, flour and baking powder. Using your hands mix all the ingredients together to form a firm dough. Wrap with a cling film and place it in the fridge while you're preparing the filling.
Make the filling
Next, separate the eggs into two separate bowls. Put the bowl with egg whites in the fridge. Add sugar, melted butter, quark/ cottage cheese, Mascarpone cheese, sour cream, vanilla pudding powder, milk to the bowl with egg yolks. Whisk to a smooth cream. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C (347 °F), with both top and bottom heat.
Press the cake base into the tin, fill and bake
Take the cake base out of the fridge. Lightly flour the working surface and roll it out. Place the pastry into the prepared cake tin. Don't' worry, it doesn't have to be perfect. Using your hands, press the cake base until the bottom of the cake tin is covered. Pour the filling into the cake base lined springform cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
Make the meringue topping
Let cool and enjoy
Remove the cake from the oven. If you would like to have more tears on the cake, then place the cooling/baking rack on top of the cake tin. Cover the baking rack with a damp towel. Let the cake cool completely. Preferably overnight. Remove the cake from the cake tin by going around the edges with a knife to release it from the ring and enjoy!
- When spreading the topping over the cake, make sure that the cream doesn't touch the ring/walls of the springform cake tin.
- It's also very important that you bake the cake with meringue topping for only 10 minutes, otherwise the tears won't appear later.
- If your cheesecake doesn't have tears, you don't have to worry, because this won't affect the taste.