Best chocolate tart ever recipe
Hands down the Best chocolate tart ever recipe. Definitely a must have for chocolate lovers!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Cool Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
Servings: 12 Servings
- 200 g ( 7.1 oz) butter plus extra for greasing
- 300 g (10.6 oz) dark chocolate, good quality
- 110 (1 cup + 1 tbs/ 3.9 oz) icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
First, grease the spring-form cake tin or tart pan with butter, then dust it with cocoa powder and set aside
. After that, put 200 g (7.1 oz) chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the stove and let it cool for approx. 5 minutes. It doesn't have to cool completely. In the meanwhile, chop the remaining 100 g (3.5 oz) chocolate and set aside.Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (347 °F), with both top and bottom heat.
In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, icing sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Using a hand mixer or a whisk beat until creamy. Carefully add the cooled chocolate - butter mixture and beat briefly. Then stir in the chocolate pieces using a spatula or spoon.
Whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients mixture to the batter. Using a spatula, mix until smooth. Pour the batter into a greased spring-form cake tin or tart pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- You can also use milk chocolate instead of the dark one, if you prefer milk chocolate. You just have to reduce the amount of sugar. So that the cake won't be too sweet. If the cake is not sweet enough for your taste, then just increase the amount of sugar.
- If you don't like your cake gooey, just bake it a bit longer
- It's very important that you let the the tart cool at least for 1 hour before serving. Because it's still relatively soft, after baking.