Easy Rosemary Focaccia)
An easy and delicious focaccia bread recipe that comes together in just 1 hour 40 minutes, from start to finish. This recipe is flavored with mozzarella cheese, fresh herbs and olive oil. Perfect recipe to wow the family or guests.
Servings: 10 sevings
For the dough
- 550 g (4 2/5 cups) plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 6 teaspoons dry yeast
- 100 ml (1/3 cup + 1,5 tbs) milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml (¾ cup + 1,5 tbs) lukewarm water
- 100 g (approx. 4 oz) fresh Mozzarella cheese drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra for greasing
For the topping
- about 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
Add 1 tablespoon flour, sugar and yeast to the jar with lukewarm water. Stir well and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.In the meantime mince garlic and fresh rosemary. Then cut mozzarella cheese in small slices.Put the flour, olive oil, cheese, garlic, rosemary and salt in a bowl. Mix well, then pour in milk and the yeast - sugar mixture. Knead the dough very well, until the dough is no more sticking on the walls of the bowl.
Grease the bowl and dough with oil. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let it raise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Gently punch down the dough for two to three times. Cover the dough once again and let it rise for the second time for 15 minutes.
In the meantime preheat the oven to 200 °C (392 °F), with both top and bottom heat. Tip the dough on a parchment paper. Lightly flour the dough and the rolling pin. Carefully roll out the dough into a rectangle, square or any shape. Carefully put the parchment paper with the rolled out dough on a baking sheet. Using your fingertips begin pressing into the dough, gently, to create dimples. Brush/drizzle the top with olive oil, then sprinkle with fresh rosemary leaves and coarse salt. Bake for 20 minutes .
Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!
- If you're using your hands, mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth dough, then knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes.
- If it's cold where you are, just preheat your oven to 50 ° C (122 °F) while making the dough, turn it off and let the dough rise in preheated switched off oven for the given time.
- This bread can stay fresh up to 3 days. Just wrap it in a plastic or cover it with a clean kitchen towel, so that it will stay moist.