Gluten free chocolate muffins
These chocolate muffins made without baking powder /soda are gluten free, very chocolatey, super moist, extremely delicious, not overly sweet and only take 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Definitely a keeper!
Servings: 12 Muffins
Muffin paper liners
Hand mixer with whisk
- 200 g (about 7 oz) dark chocolate good quality and not a couverture
- 70 g (2.8 oz/ about 1/3 cup) butter
- 50 g (1.8 oz/ ½ cup) powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs room temperature
Melt half of the chocolate and butter in the microwave or on the stove and let cool for few minutes. Cut the remaining chocolate into chunks. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (356 °F), with both top and bottom heat and line 12 muffin tin with (cupcake/ muffin) paper liners.
Add butter, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar/ extract, eggs and a pinch of salt to a bowl and beat with a handmixer until creamy. Beat in cornstarch and then stir in melted butter - chocolate mixture. Divide the batter within the prepared muffin cups. Add some chocolate chunks on top and bake for 10 minutes at 180 °c. Switch off the oven and let the muffins be inside the switched oven with a closed door for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.